Hi, I'm James
I call myself an Emotional
Intelligence & High-Performance Coach.
It's just a job title really. Something to call myself. But what does it really mean?
I love supporting individuals, teams and organisations to strive for greatness within their personal and professional lives. What that greatness looks like is not up to me. It is up to you to define.
I, like many have been through a great deal in my own personal life, and so, I have made it my mission to uncover my own potential, to work through my own issues and train to be a knowledgeable and skilful coach.
I have worked with 100s of people who have struggled in
their lives in some way shape or form. I'm a straight-talking coach, kind
and empathetic, but I am not here to be a friend. I do not profess to be
an expert in anything, I am however knowledgeable and skilful in asking
powerful questions and providing my clients with the thinking space they need
to think something they have never thought before.
I am deep thinker. I am passionate about making the world a better place to live for my family. I would say that being a parent of three children, all of which are growing into adulthood very fast, is where my biggest learning comes from. Each one unique in style and perspective of the world, but also probably my biggest testers at times.
Some of my accreditations
Qualifications & Training:
Advanced Certificate in Executive Coaching
mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Techniques)
Neuroscience and change with Coaching Rising
Trauma-Sensitive HeartMath Certified Practitioner
multiple Brain Integration Techniques (mBIT)
The new field of mBraining and mBIT has developed a modality that enables a new way of thinking and decision making, exploring all your intelligences, allowing you to tap into your innate wisdom and discover emerging solutions.
James uses the HeartMath science-based techniques, including heart rate variability (HRV) technology to work with clients. Supporting the body to get into a coherent state, also known as psychophysiological coherence which basically is the state of optimal functioning.
By doing so, our physiological systems function more efficiently, we experience greater emotional stability, and we also have increased mental clarity and improved cognitive function.
Simply stated, our body and brain work better, we feel better and we perform better.
Innate health education and resilence training
James is able to support children from 10 years to 17 using the iheart framework; instead of giving advice, sessions are used to provide knowledge of how their minds work, enabling them to understand why we think, feel and behave the way they do. This approach empowers children and young adults to navigate their way back to resilience and wellbeing more and more of the time.
Giving back to the community
Chair of Governors
Director of the Cube
The ultimate goal is for the Gallery Coffee House and event space to create the income to fund ongoing community individual and family support without the reliance on grants.
What people have said
- I can't handle spicy
- I sometimes feel insecure
- I've walked along side Lions
- I've spent time with mountain Gorillas in the wild
- You can't beat a proper cooked breakfast...any time of the day
- I used to be a professional chef (In McDonalds, when I was 16) :-)
- I've previously felt like a really bad person for the decisions I've made
- I used to take kung-fu classes; my dream is still to train with Shaolin Monks
- I've ran the London marathon, but was beaten by a very fast womble :-(
- I'm a pretty good cook, but am much better with herbs rather than spices
- I usually eat my Cadbury's cream egg by taking a bite and drinking some hot tea
- I can laugh at my own jokes before they come out of my mouth...but am getting better
- My most important character strengths and values are kindness, compassion & Integrity
- If I didn't have to sleep and had extra time, I would learn to play the guitar and go for more walks
- My first business, many years ago was called Ballooniful...I sold machines that could put flowers inside balloons. Obviously, it didn't work out.
- I've jumped the 3rd highest bungee jump in the world (at the time), my aim is to still jump off the highest. I've also jumped out of a perfectly good plane at 14,000ft