My name is James.
y name is James
I'm a father of three teenagers, a partner, an ex-partner, a brother, a son, an uncle, a friend. We all wear so many hats.
Work wise, as a Life Strategist...I'm a qualified Social Worker and a professionally qualified and personal coach. One thing I can be sure of, I absolutely love supporting people to get the most out of themselves.
I hold an advanced certificate in executive coaching along with many other training courses. I have a background of over 18 years in children's social care, with over 10 years of those as a Social Worker, and manager.
I've worked with 100s of people who have struggled in their lives in some way shape or form. I'm a straight-talking coach, kind and empathetic, but not here to be a friend. I am not a mentor, this means that I do not profess to be an expert in anything, I am however very knowledgeable and skilful in asking powerful questions and provide my clients with the thinking space they need to think something they have never thought before.
I'm an insightful and deep thinker and am passionate about making the world a better place to live for me and my family. I would say that being a parent of three children, all of which have entered their teenage years, is where my biggest learning comes from. Each one unique in style and perspective of the world but also probably my biggest testers at times. More formally however...
- To serve with integrity and authenticity
- To take and promote responsibility
- To roll with vulnerability and courage
- To express compassion and always aim to make the world a better place
Qualifications & Training:
BSc (Hons) Social Work
Advanced Certificate in Executive Coaching (accredited at Masters Level)
mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Techniques) Certified Practitioner
Being an exponential coach with Rich Litvin
Neuroscience and change with Coaching Rising
Trauma-Sensitive HeartMath® Certified Practitioner
and many others
“Amazing Jamie!!!!! Thank you so so much.....I have found this so incredibly insightful”
“It has been a course that has made me think and look at things in a different way. Thank you”
Some other things that (may) make me interesting:
- I can't handle spicy food
- I sometimes feel insecure
- I've walked along side Lions
- I've spent time with Mountain Gorillas in the wild
- You can't beat a proper cooked breakfast...any time of the day
- I used to be a professional chef (in McDonalds when I was 16) :-)
- I've previously felt like a really bad person for the decisions I've made
- I used to take Kung-Fu classes; my dream is to train with Shaolin Monks
- I've ran the London Marathon :-)...but was beaten by a very fast womble :-(
- I'm a pretty good cook, but still get a little confused about what spices to use
- I usually eat my Cadbury's cream egg by taking a bite and drinking some hot tea
- I can laugh at my own jokes before they come out of my mouth...but am getting better
- My most important character strengths and values are Kindness, compassion & Integrity
- If I didn't have to sleep and had extra time, I would learn to play the guitar and go for more walks
- My first business, many years ago was called Ballooniful...I sold machines that could put flowers inside balloons. It didn't work out.
- I've jumped the 3rd highest bungee jump in the world (at the time), my aim is to jump off the highest. I've also jumped out of a perfectly good plane at 14,000ft.
So, what makes you interesting?